Overnight oats are very popular these days. Its a great way to plan your breakfast the night before without having to cook it. Here is a simple recipe. I substituted the oats with Kamut Flakes. Kamut is an ancient grain that is less processed than oats are. If you get oats, get the rolled oats that are gluten free.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 kamut flakes OR cup oats
- 3/4 cup hazel nut or almond mil
- 4 baby bananas
- Fresh fruit
- Coconut flakes
- Agave Pure maple syrup
- Nuts and seeds
- In a small bowl, mash the banana is until almost smooth. Then stir in the chia seeds and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the kamut flakes or oats, and hazelnut or almond milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. Add berries and coconut flakes to top it off and enjoy!!